Wednesday, May 10, 2017

The Cradle


I mentioned going to the Cradle of Aviation on Monday night for an FAA Safety Seminar.  This is an interesting photograph of the Cradle of Aviation.  When we took a break, I went outside for a bit and was stunned to see all these wonderful colors, and the foreboding sky.  So, since I always have my "toy camera" with me, I took this photograph.  The contrast of the scene was very high, so I must confess that I used some HDR software to make the highlights darker and the shadows brighter.

4 comments:

ken schwarz said...

A wonderful nighttime photograph! And no points lost for a little editorial tweaking.

Anonymous said...

I'm not a photographer, so I don't understand what you did with the HDR stuff, I do think this picture is a winner! The lines and colors remind me of an Edward Hopper painting and it's fun to see that it can be created using a camera! A little surreal and dynamic!

Anonymous said...

OOOOhh was my first reaction to this photo of brilliant colors - love! betsey

Ken Spencer said...

Oh, thank you, thank you all! I am so pleased that so many of you enjoyed this photograph!