Thursday, May 25, 2017

Sunrise at the Planetarium


We were supposed to have an observing night at our astronomy club meeting, but it was cloudy, so instead we showed a DVD about astronomy.  I sit at the console for the giant sky projector, and just use my little laptop to play the DVD, which is projected on the dome.  At one point I saw this image of the Sun in hydrogen alpha light, which is part of the movie, and in the foreground are the screens for the sky projector.  This seemed like an interesting photograph because it doesn't seem to make sense.  I love stuff like that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This shot is cool because I don't know what i'm looking at!!! But the fiery looking globe any the back looks awesome! betsey

Ken Spencer said...

Thanks! That's what I love about this, that it is incongruous.