Monday, May 29, 2017

Memorial Day Parade, 2017



The weather forecast for this morning was for rain and possible thunderstorms.  I was relieved to wake up and find that there was only a slight bit of drizzle.  So I grabbed my camera and walked up hill and over to the center of town.  Sea Cliff avenue was empty, but the parade always starts at the far end of the street, so there was still hope.  But by the time I got half way to Memorial Park, I realized that there was no parade this year.  This is the second year in a row that the parade has been cancelled because of rain.  I continued on to the park, and met a couple of people that I know and had some nice conversations.  Then I decided to photograph the memorial in Memorial Park, decorated for Memorial Day.  Notice I used the word "memorial" three times in that last sentence.  Oh boy, my editor pal is going to be all over me for this one!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My town cancelled the parade also. But the flags were still flying along the parade route. Lovely sight. betsey