Monday, September 24, 2018

A Day at the Getty Center


I always try to get to the Getty Center when we are in Los Angeles, because it is such an amazing museum - it never fails to energize me.  There are photographs everywhere, both in the galleries and out on the plazas, with the architecture and all the visitors.  I thought of taking one of the tours that the Getty offers, but there wasn't enough time because I ended up spending nearly two hours in one exhibit.  More on that later.  While walking outside to another gallery I noticed this group of people, some carrying umbrellas, and realized that it was the architecture tour.  The Getty is constructed of a light colored stone, and even though it was September it was blinding to walk around outside.  So the umbrellas are available to shield everyone from the sun.

No comments: