Wednesday, September 12, 2018

This Magnificent Earth


After the rain and clouds of New York, it wasn't too long before we were flying under clear skies.  But what was particularly nice was that it was clear over the deserts of Colorado and Arizona.  We flew right over four corners, where Colorado, Utah, New Mexico and Arizona meet.  When I started to see these magnificent views of red rock country, I should have taken note of where I was, but I was shooting non-stop for at least half an hour.  So these photographs are most likely in Arizona, but perhaps one of them is in Colorado.  In any case, what magnificent landscapes these are, especially for a easterner, who is used to green trees and grasses.  But these lands are no less beautiful, and sometimes seem more beautiful because they are less familiar. Please be sure to click on each of these to see them in more detail.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos.
Joan

Anonymous said...

I love the colors in both photos!!! So different from what we see in our area of the country. I always love your aerial photos. betsey