Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Going L.A. Style


I have decided to change my look entirely, so I have gone L.A. Style!  So I began by buying a pair of classic Vans "Checkerboard Slip-Ons."  Found a tiny Vans store on Washington Blvd near Venice so I drove over there.  It was a tiny place, with really friendly people and all the different styles hanging on the wall.  I tried this pair, and they were perfect.  Brand new shoes, and they felt like bedroom slippers!  Oh, and I told no one where I was going!  So you can't imagine how excited everyone was when they came back to the house and saw me sitting there with my new Vans!  Oh, and so that I would look as if I deserved these shoes, I wore my gray and black and white Hawaiian shirt when I went to the store.  I could tell that the young guy who helped me, thought I was cool!  Oh, and I wrote my friend Skipper who knows of these things and told him, and he said I now need a "Thrasher" T-Shirt!  Thrasher is a magazine for skateboarders!



3 comments:

ken schwarz said...

My friend has gone off the deep end!

Anonymous said...

I noticed your new "kicks" in the family photo but did not comment on them at the time. I sent an e-mail to you instead. You're never too old to be young again :-) My big brudder is going "retro"!! betsey

Anonymous said...

Obviously, I did not notice your new shoes in the family photo. I thought you were pulling our leg and had someone else's shoes on in this photo. I may not recognize you next time I see you. Enjoy the comfort and fun look.
Joan