Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Getty Center Architecture


Every time I go to the Getty Center I see some other architectural detail that I hadn't noticed before, or that I had not looked at carefully enough.  I love the complexity of this photograph.  It has so many surfaces and shapes and parts and contrasting materials.  I can't begin to understand how an architect imagines something like this in their mind, and then makes it happen.  It boggles my mind.


Just for fun, in the first photograph, I was standing at the head of these stairs, seen from the opposite direction.  So I walked down the stairs and turned around and looked up and saw this.  I was taken by the brilliant blue California sky contrasted with the warm toned limestone facing of the building.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like both photos with all the crazy angles. Glad you learned from the staircase incident and went down to stairs to look back up :-) betsey