Thursday, September 27, 2018

Pacific Sunset


Do you know why I love sunsets, instead of sunrises?  Clue:  It is not a philosophical reason.  It's because I am never up early enough for a sunrise!  But I am always up for sunsets.  The sunsets in Venice, looking out over the Pacific Ocean are a bit more interesting photographically, because the Santa Monica Mountains in the distance break up the horizontal line of the horizon.  This is the sunset on the night before our departure from Los Angeles.  It is always nice to be away, and it is also nice to be back home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome, beautiful scene! Absolutely stunning! Trace

Ken Spencer said...

Thanks, Trace! It is wonderful to stand on the edge of the Pacific Ocean, and think about what's out there to the west.

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud at your comment that you're not up early enough to see sunrises :-) This is a beautiful photo. I am awed by the strange texture of the water! betsey