Friday, January 18, 2019

Rorschach test


I showed a photograph of a line of Sycamore trees in late afternoon sunlight the other day.  Today on my walk, it was overcast, so the colors of the trees are more accurate.  This design caught my eye, and I decided to do a closeup of this part of one trunk.  My sense is that the Sycamore tree bark is usually brown, so seeing all this green was a surprise.  Perhaps this is due to seasonal changes.  And then I realized that this looks like a Rorschach test, except those are symmetrical.
m

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

abstract brownish red wren/bird peeking out of an abstract saguaro boot or nest. yup that is what i see

Anonymous said...

Oooh I see the bird :-) I don't remember seeing green colors on the button ball trees in Guilford...but I love your closeup photo!! betsey