Friday, April 19, 2019

Afield With the Magic Camera Again


As I drove through town today on the way to the grocery store, I saw this Magnolia tree at the Methodist church.  As I continued on, I started thinking how it might look if I photographed it in infrared.  I visualized the tree as white, and the church would be dark.  So I drove back home and got the IR camera and did this.  It's perfect!  I also took a regular photograph in color, and then I converted the color shot to black & white, so you could see how different the renditions are.


This is the color version, which I then converted to black & white.


  I don't like this black & white nearly as much as the infrared version.  For one thing, the sky is nearly white in this version, and the sky is gray in the infrared version, which I like much better.  Also, the contrast in this photograph more harsh, which I don't like.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Ken! I agree...the one with the Magic Camera is far superior! What an eye you have! Thanks for going the distance to provide us with amazing photos! Happy Easter from Babs and Will...

Anonymous said...

I'm happy you took the effort to return home for your magic camera. The first photo really pops compared to the black & white.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Tough decision between the 1st and second photos. I like color but the sharp white of the tree is mesmerizing. betsey