Wednesday, April 17, 2019

The Dogwood in Spring


You saw a photo with my "magic camera" the other day.  I have decided that this Dogwood in the front yard is my "magic tree."  It is, as my friend Ken said: "the gift that keeps on giving."  As many times as I have photographed this tree, it never fails to surprise me with its changes, and with its beauty.  I noticed today that the tree had a faint reddish haze about it, and I realized that the buds are just beginning to come out, as you can see above.


So I moved in really close with my Nikkor close-up lens, and what's cool is you can see where the reddish part of the haze comes from - the covering of the buds.  It is amazing to view parts of plants with this close-up lens, and I am always surprised.  This is pretty close, right?  Well, my friend Dean may not think it is close enough, but at least I tried, OK?   :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and close enough for me! :-)
Joan

Anonymous said...

We usually see trees in the distance so it's nice to see the buds up close. betsey