Friday, April 5, 2019

It Snowed Today!


It snowed today!  Can you believe this?  In April?  OK, it didn't.  What did happen today was that an older camera that I sent off to be modified arrived in the mail.  I sent it off to be converted from a "regular" representation of the world, to an Infrared version of the world.  Perhaps you remember some of my photographs from about 5 years ago, when my friend Dean loaned me his infrared camera.  I had so much fun with it, looking at the world in a different way.  What the infrared sensitivity does is that it records things that radiate infrared, as white.  In this case, the grass on the lawn and some ivy on the wall in the distance to the left of the lamp.  It is a whole new view of the world, and I will be having fun with this camera, AND you will get to see some of my results in future blogs.


Oh, one other thing about infrared.  It is terrible for portraits! It represents skin in a strange way.  I mean, how sick do I look in this photograph?  But the trees behind me are pretty, all bright white in color.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I prefer your portraits in natural color with your red jacket. Grey is definitely not your color! :-)

Ken Spencer said...

Yes, especially if it is my skin color that is gray!