Saturday, April 27, 2019

Cyanotype


I may have to call this week "Infrared Week."  I am having so much fun exploring how plants look with my magic camera!  I have been out and around the house for the last few days, photographing everything in sight.  This leafy weed growing at the edge of the driveway was fairly dramatic because it is seen against the blacktop which doesn't reflect any infrared light.  This image is blue in color because I was experimenting.  There was an early photographic process called "cyanotype" and I had recently seen an exhibit at the NY Public Library, called "Photographs of British Algae: Cyanotype Impressions" done by a photographer named Anna Atkins who started working in the 1850's.  They were beautiful with their cyan color.  So I wondered how this infrared image would look like if it was a cyanotype.  So here it is.

No comments: