Thursday, April 18, 2019

Ghost Flowers


I am having fun experimenting with my "magic camera."  Walked around the yard shooting at different things this afternoon.  It is hard to know exactly how things will look in infrared.  The most interesting of subjects were these Daffodils.  I knew the leaves would look white, but I wasn't sure how the blossoms would look.  With my other IR photographs, I convert the images to black & white.  In this image, I left it the way it came out of the camera, with a slight bluish tint.  It is that tint, I think, that makes this image so ghostly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

An interesting photo. It makes me appreciate color which I just take for granted. The world would seem lifeless without color. Trace

Anonymous said...

Ditto what Trace said. I can't imagine living without color. But the picture is cool because the flowers look dead but we know they are blooming. betsey