Sunday, October 6, 2019

The Solitary Bison


We were driving south from the Madison campground, down toward Old Faithful, when we saw cars pulled over to the side of the road.  So we pulled over to see what was going on.  In the distance were about a dozen Bison moving along in a line in the far distance.  So we photographed them, and waited and then one of the Bison turned around and went off by his own, and we watched and waited.  The result, after following him with our long lenses was this shot - it is one of my favorites from the trip!  I watched as he walked from right to left, and keep shooting until I saw him between the two steam vents in the distance, and thought this was the perfect composition!  I have been posting two shots a day, and now I have made up for the days I was gone, so from now on I will be doing only one post a day.  Whew!  That was a lot of work, doing two a day.  Be sure and click on this so you can see it in greater detail.  It's a beauty!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such a beautiful photograph. The entire view is stunning.
Joan

Anonymous said...

All alone in a "foggy" barren landscape. An extraordinary photo! betsey

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you both for like this photograph, as much as I do!

Babs said...

I just found this photo...sorry that I missed it at first! It is stunning and really embodies the wonders of those wide open spaces! A perfect photo, in every way! Babs