Thursday, October 31, 2019

BOO!


Happy Halloween to everyone!  I was a little late this year in carving our Jack O'Lantern, and I only finished it this afternoon.  The interesting thing is that I always carve the same face on the Jack O'Lantern, year after after year.  When I mentioned this to Liz today, her response was  "Why mess with success!"  I did go to the search function in the upper left corner of the blog and put in "pumpkin" and found one year that I did a jagged smile for a change.  Funny, I didn't remember that!


I nearly forgot - Last year we bought this skeleton with red blinking eyes that talks.  He hangs on the front door.  You have to push a button and the jaw opens and closes, the eyes start blinking, and he says in a deep voice: "Welcome.  Do not be afraid."  And then he laughs a scary laugh.  We love this thing!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a Happy Halloween. The skeleton is funny and scary if it talks. Did you have many trick or treaters with the rainy weather?
Joan

Babs said...

Hi,Ken!!! Booooo!!!! What a fizzle was this Halloween! But we love your photos and this is my favorite time of year for color and mystery. The winds were whupping and made it even spookier! Zero Trick or Treaters at our house...the smart ones stayed home! Your photos pop with drama! Love 'em!!! Babs

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you both for your comments. The weather actually was not too bad, but it was windy. We had one group of five young teenage girls, that was it! Now we have to eat all the candy ourselves... :-( I need to have Kathy hide the candy so I can't find it! :-)

Anonymous said...

You did change the eyes. It's still a great carved pumpkin face! Way better than me - I don't carve pumpkins any more :-( I didn't get any trick or treaters this year. Sad. I love seeing the young kiddos in their cute outfits. betsey