Saturday, March 28, 2020

A Couronne for Covid Times


Kathy was getting a bit antsy on this rainy day, so she decided to bake something.  "What do you want me to make?" she asked me.  "How about a Couronne?" I asked.  So this is it.  It is stunning and it has an almond filling.  The couronne technique comes to us from the Bordeaux region in France. Traditionally this ring-shaped loaf is composed of six to eight balls of country bread dough, blanketed by another flat disk of dough that holds the loaf together.  But the main thing?  It is absolutely delicious!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks delicious, as always, and very appropriate for a rainy day.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! This looks absolutely delicious! Rainy days are always good for baking & cooking. Kathy has created a masterpiece! betsey

Ron said...

How do you think they make a trip to,Idaho?

liz said...

How about a recipe?! I'm only finding apricot couronne recipes so far online.