Thursday, March 12, 2020

Revealing a Photographer's Secret!

 

I started down Laurel Avenue on my walk, and not 100 feet later, I spotted these Crocuses coming out of the ground.  The joy of seeing Spring color!  So I zoomed the lens out to get a close-up photograph.  This is it.  This is also really boring!


So I decided to shoot from a lower angle.  By placing the camera on the ground.  Wait, but if you do that, how do you look through the viewfinder?  Well, you don't.  In this camera the small LCD screen on the back of the camera, where you look to see your finished picture, is articulated where it connects to the body of the camera.  So you unfold the screen, turn it around, and you look down on the screen as the camera sits on the ground.  Cool, huh?  This is my first digital camera that does that.  Much easier than lying in the dirt.  And I think this photograph of the crocuses is much more interesting.  Now you know one of my secrets.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that you are older, you do not want to lay in the dirt - you might not be able to get up again! :) Amazing camera for a avid photographer.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Lovely to see both photos. They look so delicate. Spring is coming...betsey