Saturday, March 14, 2020

Going to the Movies


We decided to go to the movies tonight at the local theater.  Why not?  Seriously.  There is no real risk, as we see it.  And going to the movies around here will not put you in the middle of a crowd, which is what everyone is telling us not to do.  We did wonder how many people would be in the theater.  When we booked the tickets online, there were NO seats reserved!  Just us two.  So this is what we found when we arrived.  The good news is that by the time the movie started there were about 12 of us scattered around the theater.  No one was within 6 feet of us, which is also recommended.  Oh, the movie:  "The Way Back" with Ben Affleck.  It was great and he was great!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to see the movie. You are lucky theatre was empty and you could enjoy the movie. I had tickets for a small theatre that holds 60 people on Friday and the play was canceled. Everything is closing including our libraries and city parks. With low turnout, movie theaters may decide to close soon. My children don't want me to even go to the grocery stores.
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

It's funny, in Los Angeles when we have gone to movies, you need a reservation and the theaters were packed - this was maybe 6 months ago. In our local theater in Glen Cove, there are hardly any people who attend showings. Same for the multiplex down near Roosevelt Field and the Multiplex in Westbury.

Anonymous said...

I like those plushy looking seats. At least you weren't totally alone to watch the movie. I want to see this movie because of Amy's interview with Ben Affleck. I don't like that my library is closed but I understand. All the nearby museums have closed also. This is the new reality. Wonder how long it will last...betsey