Monday, March 23, 2020

Another Gift From the Neighbor Girls!


Yesterday I was in the dining room, and Kathy was coming down the stairs from upstairs and I heard her exclaim: "There's someone on the front porch!"  I quickly looked, just in time to see three tiny heads running by the windows, headed down the porch steps!  It was the two little girls and the young boy from next door, who hoped to secretly deliver something to our doorstep, as they have done in the past!  I hollered out a "thank you!" as they made it through the gate into their yard, where their dad was watching.  To refresh your memory, here is the link to the first part of the story:  A Gift From New Neighbors  When we opened the door, we found this beautiful pot holder wrapped in tissue paper with a note.  It's just what we needed!  And...  It brought back memories of elementary for us, where we remember making pot holders just like this!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A lovely handmade gift and so thoughtful of your new neighbors. They are spending some creative time as everyone stays home. I remember making these too.
Joan

Anonymous said...

I love that the kiddos try to secretly drop off their gifts! I remember making these also. I didn't know they still made these. Perfect project while they are home. betsey