Sunday, March 8, 2020

I Can't Decide...



I have a dilemma here.  Two photographs of the same subject, and I can't decide which one I like best.  I saw this Moonrise yesterday on my walk.  And I am a huge fan of Ansel Adams, and his most famous photograph is "Moonrise, Hernandez, New Mexico."  So whenever I see a moonrise, for a second I wonder if my photograph could even come close.  Not a chance...  Anyhow, I did the top photograph and I liked it, but since Ansel Adam's photograph was in black & white, I thought that I would convert my photo and see if it was better if it was not in color.  Now I can't make up my mind!  Please let me know which photograph is your favorite, if you would.  Thanks.  Please click on each photo to see them in more detail.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought I would prefer the black and white just reading your intro, but it almost seems eerie to me. I like the moon against the beautiful blue sky.
Joan

Ron said...

Both are wonderful but I prefer the black and white.

Anonymous said...

I can't explain why.....and I kept looking at each one.....but yes...I think I prefer the black and white image also.

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you all for your comments and your choices. What's funny is that my friend Stan was in Boston the last few days, and he did a moonrise photograph at a baseball field, and he chose to post his moonrise in black and white! I am still not sure...

Anonymous said...

I like the one in color better because of the soft light against the trees plus the blue sky. The black & white accentuates the scraggly trees which I think detracts from the moon. betsey