Sunday, March 1, 2020

The Feather


“It's not enough to have the feathers.
You must dare to fly!” 
― Cass van Krah

On my walk today I happened to glance down and saw this feather in the grass.  I actually was surprised that I noticed it.  But it was in the perfect place with the sun backlighting it.  So I took a close-up photograph of the feather.  I found it on the grass that is next to the large parking lot at the beach where all the seagulls gather and stand around on the ground.  So I guess it blew into the grass from the seagull gathering.  Finding this single feather got me to thinking about quotes about feathers, and I found this one, at the head of this text.  I like the quote, for obvious reasons.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this quote. Lucky photo.
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

Thanks! I thought someone might suggest that since I fell off a ladder, I had no business flying... :-)

Anonymous said...

Great quote. I like the light on the feather. It's unique all by itself. betsey