Monday, July 20, 2020

Birdie at the Window


Kathy put this decorative birdhouse out on the front porch this spring.  It was just something pretty to look at.  About a month ago I was having my sandwich on the front porch and a bunch of birds started chirping furiously.  I guess after a few days of that, I happened to look out the front window at the birdhouse and saw a bird fly in!  Whoa!  So I no longer eat lunch on the front porch.  Two birds come and go at times during the day.  They are Wrens, we have discovered from our trusted bird books.  What we don't know is if there are eggs in there or not.  I didn't want to disturb them, so I removed the storm windows, but still had to shoot through one pane of glass, but I did get this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful birdhouse. Did Kathy paint it? Keep us posted if you see a new little family.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Pretty little birdhouse. And now you have been displaced from your favorite eating place by birds...betsey