Tuesday, July 21, 2020

No Dunkin' Donuts - Week 19


I owe the idea for these photographs to Ann Levin, Stan's wife.  She said "Have you ever thought of taking a photograph THROUGH a donut?"  And I had to admit that I had never thought of that!  The problem is, a donut hole is relatively small.  So I got my wide-angle zoom and when I got really close to the donut hole, I could see a bit of a landscape on the other side.  I was thrilled.  The funny thing with this photo, is it looks winter-like and tropical at the same time!


I tried another shot with the donut backlit, so the snowy look is gone.  It's funny, but I have seen so many photographs from Antartica, where there are photographs taken through holes in icebergs.  Of course the iceberg photos don't have a tropical scene on the other side.

7 comments:

Ron said...

I love these photos!

Anonymous said...

Fun photos! Great idea!

Anonymous said...

I love these photos. Very different! Thank you Ann for the suggestion.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Brilliant idea. The first one looks surreal.
Stan

Anonymous said...

Love these fun photos. Great idea from Ann. betsey

Anonymous said...

So honored you thought it was a worthwhile idea. I told Stan it looks like you're shooting through the craggy rocks at Arches National Park in Utah. Way to go, Ken!
Ann

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you all for your wonderful comments! I really appreciate Ann's suggestion which I think I would not have thought of. But, given the challenge I was all in. And I was surprised how happy I was with the results, as are all of you. So much fun!