Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Shiny New Shoes!


These are my shiny new shoes!  Don't you love them?  They are my new bike shoes.  When I retired from Newsday, there was a small retirement party and my colleagues at work took up a collection, and it was just enough to buy a really nice pair of silver cycling shoes.  I have been using those shoes for 12 years now, and I have put 9,000 miles on them!  That seems like a worthwhile accomplishment.  You will think this is funny, but I am going to make a nice varnished wood plaque and mount my old shoes on it.  I will take a photograph of all that when it was done.  You will not believe how battered the old silver shoes are.  Meanwhile I am back on the road with these shiny new shoes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never loved a pair of shoes as you apparently do, but I wish you another 9,000 miles of cycling enjoyment with your new shiny shoes! :-)
Joan

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud when I read that you were going to mount your "battered" old silver shoes! Here's to another 9,000 miles in your new blue shiny shoes! betsey