Monday, July 6, 2020

Taking A Chance


I really wanted to do my bike ride today because I didn't ride yesterday with rain in the late afternoon.  Sometimes when I don't ride, I feel like a lump.  How silly is that?  It's just that when I do ride, I feel really great.  Exhausted, but great.  So today I checked radar before setting out, and saw a single thunderstorm cell that was heading south, down the Hudson river, headed in this direction, but I thought maybe it would pass to the west of Sea Cliff .  So I took a chance...  As I was part way through my ride, I did hear some thunder in the distance, but I kept riding.  As I got to the harbor I saw this scene, and there was my thunderstorm, well to the west.  Lucky me!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photo.
Joan

Anonymous said...

The citrus color in the sky makes this photo for me. betsey

ken schwarz said...

I never get tired of seeing photos of one of my favorite places; Hempstead Harbor as seen from Prospect Avenue. What I particular like about this photo is the simple and nearly monochromatic image with a bit of brilliant color in just the right place! Very Nice!

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful photo with a lot of detail in it. Love the color. Trace

Ken Spencer said...

Wow, thank you all for the nice comments. I am pleased how many of you love this shot!