Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Awake Before Dawn


While I was photographing the Total Lunar Eclipse last week, I was paying attention to what was going on around me, as I moved from place while photographing from different spots along the promenade.  As the eclipse progressed the sky started to get light as dawn approached.  That's when I turned around and saw this scene.  15 minutes earlier it was night.  The bench and its shadow is what a saw first and then the row of lights on the poles, and finally the sky lightening in the background, and there was my picture!  It is unusual for be to be awake before dawn!

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I am singing "Morning Has Broken" by Cat Stevens. Mine is the sunlight, Mine is the morning. Love the shadows on the brick walk with the benches. Thanks for getting up in the middle of the night.
Joan

Anonymous said...

The bench seats look lonely on the beautiful brick walkway. Love the light in the background as the sky lightens up. Just think of all the wonderful photos you are getting before dawn :-) betsey

Ken Spencer said...

Maybe I need to get up before dawn and sunrise every day and go looking for photographs? That sounds like a great idea. I think. Maybe... Naaaaahhh...