Monday, November 7, 2022

Dusty miller


I bought a new Macro lens for my Sony a7 III camera, which is used for close-up photographs.  It is capable of 1:1 images, which means the image on the "film" is the same size as the object is in nature.  You can fill the frame with a postage stamp.  This is not a super close up image but just a close photo of one of my favorite plants, Dusty miller.  I think I love this plant because of its subtlety.  A gentle gray color with a hint of green and blue.  We have one plant in the garden by the driveway and it has survived through the winters and still looks healthy.  And Beautiful.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Dusty Miller also because of its soft color and the look of felt! betsey

Anonymous said...

Looks beautiful. I used to think of Dusty Miller as an annual. You are so lucky it returns every year as a perennial. Do you cut it back after the first frost?
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

We haven't cut it back. We just left it growing and it survived all by itself through the winter.