Saturday, November 12, 2022

Hurricane


All day yesterday it was raining.  Between light and moderate during the day, and during much of the night.  When It first started raining I went down to the street to get the mail.  I happened to look down so I wouldn't step into the water in the gutter.  When I looked where to step I saw this.  I looked at it for maybe 15 seconds, and then decided it was a photograph for some reason.  So I ran back in the house and grabbed my toy camera and came back out and shot this.  I love the rich and subtle color of the leaves when they get to these colors.  I also liked how the water runs into the leaves and turns white and then goes around the leaves.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your title made me chuckle this morning. I was expecting heavy rain and strong winds that I am thankful did not materialize. This is a cool photo. I am curious why the water appears so white. Is it caused by flowing so fast down the hill?
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

The water is white because this is a slower shutter speed and so it is blurred because it is moving so fast. Nice guess! If I had shot at high speed you would see individual water drops instead of a white streak. You are very observant!