Sunday, November 20, 2022

The Test...


I have had, first a sore throat, and then sniffles and then a runny nose for a week.  Today I had a dry cough that nothing would stop.  I tried cough drops and then cough syrup to no avail.  I was just coughing all day.  Finally at the end of the day, Kathy said, "You know one of the symptoms of COVID is a dry cough.  I think you should get a test."  We had some of the free tests the government sent out but they had expired.  So Kathy went over to CVS and picked up some tests.  What's interesting is that Medicare paid for four sets of tests, two in each box, which was wonderful.  So I took the test and the results are shown in the photograph.  The faint pink like on the strip says I am positive.  Even though it was faint.  So, I have COVID.  But I feel fine.  Since we had the test kits, Kathy decided to see if she was positive since I have had this "cold" for a week now.  Fortunately, she is not positive, so someone in the house can go buy groceries!  Sadly, we were planning to drive to Rochester tomorrow morning to visit Vince and JoAnne for Thanksgiving as we have done for years.  But  Thanksgiving this year will be just the two of us, here at home.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you have Covid. Hope you have a quick recovery and feel better soon. Trace

Anonymous said...

Feel better soon! I think this is the first or maybe second Thanksgiving in 50 years the 4 of us have not been together….😞

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear this. I know you were looking forward to celebrating and visiting with Vince and JoAnne. Hope with the vaccines and boosters you will continue with mild cold symptoms and feel better soon. Thankful that Kathy is negative. I had checked the weather in that area as I thought you would be driving up today and was worried about snowstorms.
Joan

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to read this scary news. Bad timing :-( I"m sorry that you won't be able to visit with Vince and JoAnne. It will be a quiet Thanksgiving but you will be able to rest. betsey