Friday, November 4, 2022

The Dining Room is Done!


So back at the end of September I posted a photograph of me sanding part of the floor in the dining room, and then a photograph of the finished floor after being varnished.  Sanding & Varnishing  I am thrilled to tell you the dining room is now done.  The new rug arrived today and it is now in place!  I am thrilled with the change in the look of the room.  We have always had wall to wall carpet in our rooms and this is just so much more elegant.  And I love the look of the varnished floors.  We weren't sure what we would find when we removed strips of the carpet around the edges, but we were thrilled that with sanding and some staining and two coats of varnish, we had beautiful 90 year old wood floors!  Here is a photograph I did back in 2021 when I had just finished painting the room, and you can see the old carpet on the floor.  The Old Carpet Quite a different look!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful. A lot of work but you are so fortunate to have real wood floors.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Job well done Ken!!

Anonymous said...

The dining room looks beautiful with the rug and dark floors surrounding it. A lot of work for you but so worth it!! betsey