Wednesday, November 9, 2022

The Pumpkin is not Well


The poor pumpkin is not feeling well, I am sorry to say.  I am not sure exactly what his ailment is, but I am afraid it might be old age.  I feel badly, but old age will eventually get to all of us.  He was a good pumpkin.  We made him a Jack-O-Lantern only the night before Halloween and so he was only illuminated for two nights.  I make a short fat candle for our pumpkins by using a piece of old fashioned canning wax which I cut in half, and make a groove in, and put a piece of twine in the crack then heat one of the wax pieces with a propane torch and when it starts to melt on the surface, I stick the two pieces together and I have a candle.  But I think it burns too bright and two fast, and only lasts two days.  So we hate to see this go, but it is time that he visits the compost heap, sad to say.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your pumpkin looks "down in the mouth"! He looks so sad. I think you should stick with a regular candle cut in half to put inside. It will burn slower and last longer. Glad you are putting in a compost pile. The birds and small animals can have a treat. betsey