Saturday, November 19, 2022

Testing


A few days before the Total Lunar Eclipse, I went out scouting a location that would be best to photograph the eclipse from.  I brought along a compass because I had the magnetic headings for the different positions of the Moon during the eclipse.  But just a round orange ball in a dark sky is not all that interesting in and of itself, so I was looking for an interesting foreground over which to look toward the Moon.  So this is the place.  I had hoped that the eclipsed Moon would be setting as seen through these pilings, but dawn broke and the faint Moon, still fairly high in the sky, disappeared as the sky brightened.  But I saw this photograph again the other day, and thought it was pretty interesting all by itself with the cloudy sky and the black poles.  So here it is for you to see.

 

No comments: