Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Temporary Waiting Room


They are changing everything in the LIRR terminal in Penn Station.  They recently closed the rest rooms and the waiting room as part of the rebuilding of the terminal.  There is NOWHERE to sit.  Not that I need to sit because I am in great shape with my cycling and walking all around NYC on my visits there.  But I feel badly for older people whose only option is to stand while waiting for their trains!  For this young man, who is not sleeping - he is talking to someone on his cell phone which he has in his outstretched hand - the floor makes the perfect waiting room!  Necessity is the mother of invention!

 

1 comment:

ken schwarz said...

We will be passing through Penn Station one day next week. For our comfort, I will plan to pack a couple beach chairs to use while we wait for our train!