Thursday, November 3, 2022

No Diving


I was down by Sea Cliff beach when I saw this.  This is the swimming float which they anchor off the beach with several of these "mushroom" anchors.  What caught my eye was the shaft of the anchor that had the anchor chain wrapped around it.  That shape was what stuck out for some reason.  And something about this strange shape up against the sky - that anchor is really the subject of this photograph.  So I thought this made an interesting shot.  Also the "No diving" was a bit incongruous since the float was on the beach.

 

1 comment:

ken schwarz said...

I love this photo of a Mushroom Anchor as is brings back memories of mooring my sailboats. The interesting thing about this type of anchor is that it is very easy to drop in the water to set it in the spring but it can be challenging to pull it out of the mucky bay bottom in the fall.