Friday, November 10, 2023

Geese & Things


This photograph was taken through a window from one of the galleries at the Nassau County Museum of Art on a recent visit.  Maybe it proves the point that I am never NOT looking for a photograph!  We were at the museum to see an exhibit but whenever a gallery has a window, I always take a look out to see what is there.  In this case, the first thing I saw were all the geese walking across the lawn.  I liked that and began composing the picture around them.  The background was really interesting with some trees in fall color.  The gray circle is a sculpture in the pond.  And I waited as the people walking were in good spots, and last but not least, I tried cropping our the dark green hedges in the foreground, but the photograph was better leaving parts of them in to kind of contain the rest of the photograph.  Because of the dark hedges in the foreground and the darker shapes of the trees in the background, there is an interesting shape of the lighter green lawn.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice photo, but I would not want to be walking around in all the goose poop. The Duck Pond behind City Hall in Milford became infested with geese. Once upon a time people would go there for photos in front on the waterfall or on the green grass surrounding the river but you could not avoid stepping in poop. Sorry to say I am not a fan.
Joan

Anonymous said...

This is a great fall nature photo. The colors are so pretty. Love the geese in the photo, they all seem on a mission to find some food. It looks like a peaceful place to sit or walk but I agree with Joan, there might be a lot of poop to avoid. Trace

Anonymous said...

Joan is so right regarding the “goose poop”. The bird is beautiful but what it leaves behind is an annoying mess!

Anonymous said...

I like all the curves and the variety of subtle colors. Betsey