Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Portraits of a Doe


I don't remember being this close to a deer, maybe ever.  I have seen them briefly by the side of the road when driving by, but never had the chance to study them for such a long time.  I was inside the clubhouse with large glass windows and one of the members said that there was a Doe outside!  I am guessing it was maybe 20 to 25 feet away and I only had a 24-70mm lens on the camera.  But I took the photos anyway, through the glass window even though the image was not very big.  I was able to crop into the image to get these larger images of the Doe.  What a magnificent animal these White-tailed deer are!  Just beautiful!


I had no idea that they would like to eat the grass!  They were really wary, keeping an eye on me and so I moved very slowly even though I was inside the building and even a slight movement would get them to stop and look at me very carefully.


They looked at me like this! 


And this is a beautiful view.  How rarely do we become face to face with nature, other than perhaps birds.  This was such a nice moment to have time to study them closely.  There were two Does but I think all my photographs are all of just one of them, but I am not sure.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos! Wishing you and Kathy and Vince and Jo Anne a wonderful Thanksgiving Day.
Joan

Anonymous said...

You got some great shots! Patience is everything. The noses look different to me. Have a lovely Thanksgiving day with Kathy, Vince and Jo Anne. Betsey

Anonymous said...

What a great photo! They are beautiful animals. Happy Thanksgiving to you all! Trace

Anonymous said...

I love these! 😘