Tuesday, November 21, 2023

What's Missing Here?


Here is a place I have photographed before.  But something is missing.  Any idea what it is?


An entire house is missing!  I photographed this derelict home when we were last in Rochester, back in April of 2023.  What is not obvious is that behind this house is a large area of farmland that has been bulldozed flat, and there are now a series of streets that have been installed.  And now there are buildings that are under construction.  They are multi-story, so I am not sure if they are condominiums or some other kind of living structures.  This house is on about 90 acres, so that's a lot of homes!

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is a lot of farm land. I hope they keep some green space. I'll forward to photo updates on your next trip to Rochester.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Well at least they left those big trees. By next year, those 90 acres will be filled…Betsey

Ken Spencer said...

I should do a google earth snapshot right now, and then in a couple of years, do another shot so you can see what was built. I happened to use Apple Maps to look at where we are now and it shows about a dozen condos, and the rest of the space is all sand colored! Google Earth has it as it is now. I should send those to you.