Sunday, November 19, 2023

"There's a Cow on the Front Lawn!"


We were driving up Route 96 a few miles south of Geneva. We were driving by farms and small houses and suddenly Kathy said "There's a cow on the front lawn!"  I said "What" and she repeated it.  She said she had never seen a cow on the front lawn of a house.  She said I should go back and photograph it.  So I turned the car around and drove back, and sure enough, there was the cow.  Only thing, it wasn't quite a "lawn."  And the house was abandoned.  You can see that a giant tree limb has fallen on the rear of the house.  But I did think this was a good photograph for the blog.  We are upstate, having driven up today, and so you will be seeing photographs from up here for a while on the blog.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am seeing double! Glad Kathy noticed them and you turned around. So sad to see this old farm house damaged and abandoned.
Joan

Anonymous said...

I have never seen two cows next to a house, even though it’s totally rundown. Betsey

Anonymous said...

This is an interesting photo with a lot to look at and the cow is just lying there, laid back, not a care in the world. Trace