Tuesday, April 16, 2024

A Waste of Good Land

                              

Look at this farmland.  Looks like the farmer grew corn here this past year.  What a waste of good land!  This land could be used for something really useful, instead of just growing some crops.  Who needs more corn, anyway?  You could put something beautiful here that would be much more interesting to look at!


Like THIS for instance!  Homes for people to live in!  Much more beautiful that fields of corn, right?  Believe it or not, this development is right across the road from the farm in the first photograph.  All I did was turn around to take the first photograph, after I took this one.  Seriously.


There, isn't THIS more attractive than a field of corn?  It is a huge development, with different kinds of housing.  I wouldn't dare wander on to the property, so I photographed everything from the road.


These structures on this part of the property are different from those in the previous photograph and they are closer to the road.  It will be interesting to see what the whole thing looks like when it is finished.  I had a sense that the use of the land was going to change, when almost exactly one year ago, I photographed a farmhouse and two trees next to it, that was located on the edge of this land.     So click on this link and read my blog post from back one year ago.  What's to Become of This?  By now, of course you know my comment about "a waste of the land" was facetious!  You know from my photographs that I love photographing fields and farmhouses and the beauty of the land.  Not so much giant new condominium developments.






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honestly, what a shame! Love the photo of the farm. I hate to see these ugly developments destroy the landscape. The land and the farmhouses are simple and beautiful. Trace

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link back to a year ago. I love the simple farm houses or fields of corn rather than these monstrous new homes or condos.
Joan

Anonymous said...

So sad! I too love looking over a corn field and not ANOTHER housing development.

Anonymous said...

It is scary to see the farmland changed over to housing developments. It was nice to look back to the first photo from April of 2023. I enjoy seeing old farm houses and fields. Betsey