Sunday, November 28, 2021

Expectations


I learned another lesson in photography today.  Or, rather, learned all over, once again, not to have expectations on what you might find when you go out photographing.  I needed some good exercise after sitting in the car for 8 hours driving down from Rochester yesterday.  It was overcast today and no sun,  so I didn't expect much in terms of photographs, but I needed the exercise so off I went.  Turns out the overcast sky was a beautiful silver gray in color and I got a couple of nice shots, but near the end of my walk, after an hour and a half, the clouds moved south, the sun came out and everything changed!  I got two really nice photographs, and this is one of them.  The other I will post tomorrow.  So take your camera, go for a walk, and have no expectations.  You just never know what will be revealed to you on any given day.  This particular photograph is all about the horizontal "V" in the sky and the water!

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This photo is stunning! Cannot stop looking at it. The colors are so subtle. Even the "V" angle. Love this! betsey

ken schwarz said...

Beautiful V shaped sunset exhibiting a very soothing color palette!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful!! I love the sun going down and the reflection on the water. Trace