Friday, November 12, 2021

The Caumsett Barns - Again


The last time I went to Caumsett, I started by photographing some of the barns, which are just beautiful.  So I started this most recent trip by photographing them again.  It was later in the day this time, so the shadows were stronger which made for a more interesting scene, I thought.  After I shot this, I thought of the work of the artist Charles Sheeler, who also did some photography.  I think that it was the paintings that this reminded me of.  I just love all the angles and shadows and the vents on the roofs scattered here and there.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course, I had to look up information on Charles Sheeler. I really like "The Stove". So precise and stark. "Self portrait at Easel" reminds me of Norman Rockwell. The "Open Door" makes me think of the house at Westside with the metal closures on the door and the angled steep steps. betsey