Thursday, November 4, 2021

The Neighbor's Garden


A month or so ago I took a photograph of what the new neighbors are doing with the front bank of their property.  Originally the whole front bank was just ferns and weeds and has been that way for years.  So I showed you the magical fences that the husband has been building.  He has patience beyond belief, and these fences look as if they came from a fairytale!  So I promised to show you the garden after it was planted and here it is around Halloween, with the pumpkins they added to the steps.  How creative they are, and how beautiful this all is!

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty and colorful with the fall flowers and pumpkins. I just noticed additional fencing to the right with shrubs. I am surprised to see the strip of grass as I would not want to mow the steep incline but everything looks beautiful.
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

It is so amazing that the strips of grass - there are several, lessen the sense of just ragged ferns and other things that are on the hill. They make the front bank just look neater, I think. I am guessing that he does the lawn with a weed whacker.

Anonymous said...

That is similar to how they build small fences during Colonial times. I remember seeing something like that made from saplings in Colonial Williamsburg. Very smart, as it is recyclable, rather than plastic fencing.