Friday, November 26, 2021

Fun in the Cemetery


I went out to buy some coffee beans at Starbucks.  On the way I drove by this cemetery and it really grabbed my attention.  I was on a road that was a bit higher, and I was able to look down on to all the gravestones.  The cemetery is called Webster Rural Cemetery.  I have always loved spending time in and photographing cemeteries.  They are peaceful places.  In the Victorian era, cemeteries were designed so that families could come out to them to have picnics and spend time with their departed relatives.


I took a lot of photographs, and both of these are OK, but not great photographs.  I could not decide which of these photographs I liked better, so I decided to show you both of them and see what you think.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recently read an article about family members having picnics in cemeteries so people could eat outside to get out of houses and apartments with no air conditioning. Glad you posted both photos - I like the top one showing the large tree and open lawn. betsey

Anonymous said...

I like the first one as the lawn under the tree is a nice spot to gather with your family and friends and share the nice memories. Very welcoming.
Joan