Saturday, November 6, 2021

Venus, and the Crescent Moon


I went out just after sunset tonight to do a class assignment for Stan's Night Sky Photography class.  I had done some planning on the computer using a planetarium program where I can change the day and time to see where the Moon and Venus will be at a particular time.  Today was a bit frustrating because the two of them were 18 degrees apart.  I did get them both in this photograph, fortunately.  Tomorrow night they will be only 5 degrees apart, but the forecast is for thin clouds.  I will try again and see if the weather allows a chance to photograph.  I had composed this photograph, and while I was shooting over about 15 minutes of time, waiting for the sky to get darker, a couple walked through the photograph, and one sat on the bench and the other person stood up next to them!  PERFECT!  I could not have asked for a more perfect arrangement.

 

2 comments:

ken schwarz said...

You nailed it! You captured Venus, a crescent moon and a couple enjoying sunset by the harbor. Life is good!

Anonymous said...

I had the same view out of my living room window last night but could not capture it with my iPhone. So I just enjoyed the view :-) betsey