Friday, September 1, 2023

A Bonus!


As I mentioned yesterday, I had to walk a mile and a half down the beach from where I was allowed to park, and that took me about half an hour.  When I walk on the sidewalk along the harbor at home, I can walk 3.5 miles in one hour, and that includes the uphill walk up Laurel Avenue!  Anyhow, while I was walking down the beach I was looking all around and saw these delicate cirrus clouds behind me, to the north.  So I had my toy camera with me, and I started shooting.


What was amazing was that the sky seemed to change by the minute.  I think because the high clouds were the sign of a clearing of the skies and the clouds were constantly changing it seemed.  


I kept walking, and the clouds appearance kept changing and I kept shooting.  As they say in New England, there's more clouds here than you can shake a stick at!


Fortunately with digital photography, the camera keeps an exact record of when each photograph was taken, as well as the camera type, the lens type and the f/stop and shutter speed.  So I know that the first photograph in this series was taken at 7:18 PM, and the last photograph was taken at 7:48 PM, just after the moon should have been visible, but wasn't because of the clouds on the horizon.  I love this photograph because there is a tiny figure of a man in the image.  See if you can find him by the water.


And it was growing darker as well, as this photograph shows, and the sunset colors are the most intense.  All these cloud and sunset photographs were such a bonus, after the photograph that I did manage to get with the moon and the smokestacks.  Lucky me!

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos of the sunset and clouds. Looks like it was an awesome walk! Trace

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos. It is amazing the changes you captured in 30 minutes time.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all the “bonus” photos. I’m glad you kept taking photos as the light and color changed. Betsey

George Preoteasa said...

I love your clouds at sunset pic, Ken.