Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Rain and Drizzle


I have stayed indoors now for, what is it, 5 days of drizzle and rain.  Well, it was time I grabbed a camera and went out in the drizzle to look for a photograph.  OK, so I lied a little bit.  It is Tuesday and so we were at the beach with coffee and donuts, sitting in the car having breakfast when this man cast his line into the harbor from the beach in front of us.  No sooner had he reeled his line in, that he moved up the beach to the right maybe 75 feet, and cast again. I thought, "I better get out there and get a shot quick!"  No sooner had he cast then he reeled it in again and moved another 75 feet up the beach, where I couldn't see him.  Oh well, there went my shot.  Then I saw him walk out on the tip of the park to the north, and I ran to where I could get a good angle with my 400mm lens.  I did two slightly different compositions in less than a minute.  In he other view, the fisherman is to the right of the foggy tip of land in the distance.  This view is better.  And after a minute of shooting, he reeled his line in again, and was gone!
 

3 comments:

ken schwarz said...

Timing is everything! Wonderful photo!

Anonymous said...

I love the contrast of the sharp rocks and his silhouette against the fog. I would like to now see some sunshine after 4 or 5 days of rain.
Joan

Anonymous said...

I don’t think I’ve ever seen fishermen change their positions so quickly. Glad that you got the shot! Betsey