Saturday, September 2, 2023

How Does It Get Down?


I have driven by this construction site numerous times because it is on my way to so many things in Glen Cove.  Usually the doors to the fence surrounding the large site are closed.  My sense was that this excavator was sitting on top of a dirt island, way up in the air, after a lot of earth had been removed all around it.  I began to wonder how they would get this excavator down off the little mountain top it is sitting on!  Well, one of the fence doors was open so I pulled off on a side street and I walked down to the open door with my camera, and I photographed this.  What I hadn't realized is that apparently this is not an island, but rather a peninsula sticking out from more high ground behind the machine.  So there is no longer a mystery.  This machine will just back itself up to more high ground when the time comes.  So there is no mystery at all.  Sorry...

 

No comments: