Saturday, September 9, 2023

Gutting the Place


A month ago I went to the nearby famous coffee place to buy some coffee beans.  The door was locked!  There was a sign that the store was undergoing renovations.  OK, no big deal, I'll come back in a week.  How long can it take to put a couple of coats of paint on the walls?  Well the place has been closed for weeks now and I wondered what they were up to.  The other night I saw a bright light through the front window so I parked my car and grabbed a camera with a wide angle lens, and went to the window.  The entire store had been gutted!  Down to the bare walls!  And the ceiling has been torn out.  I guess that means they can change all the electric and heat.  Then the question is, how much different is the store REALLY going to look when they are done?  I can't wait to see!



 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh No! Where will you buy your coffee beans? Is the store in an old outdated building? Seems like a massive undertaking.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Ditto what Joan said! Betsey

Ken Spencer said...

Strangely enough, it is in a relatively new building. There is a paint store in the same building. That's why it is so strange that all the insides of the coffee shop are being redone. I can't imagine why they are tearing the place apart. It is a long narrow space, so what can they be doing to change it?