Friday, September 8, 2023

The Scrum of Photographers

 


Some more photographs from the "Bild Expo."  What are all these photographers looking at and photographing?  This is at one of the camera manufacturer's booth where some of their cameras were on display and could be used to shoot photographs.  Notice the thin wires on the table - you can't take the cameras with you!  But look at the intensity of the concentration and all the different  positions the photographers are in. What are they shooting?


They are photographing this very beautiful model, wearing such an interesting top.  It looks like leaves of a plant or something.  And then the designers of the booth included mirrors in the background to make the photographs more interesting.


Here is another group of photographers in the next booth over - a different camera manufacturer.  It is so interesting to see all the different styles of shooting.  Look how only one photographer, at the left, has the camera up to her eye!  That is my way of shooting, but many younger photographers prefer to back away and just look at the illuminated screen on the back of the camera.  So what is this group photographing?


They were photographing this ballerina.  This dancer was working hard!  She was on point the whole time and had these cloth wings with wooden sticks in the leading edge of her wings so her movements resulted in really beautiful poses.


A different view of the ballerina at work.  The wings are just beautiful!









4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! So much involved in this Expo. Thanks for all of the wonderful photos. The models are fantastic.
Joan

Linda said...

Looks like it was a great time, especially being able to experiment with the cameras. I'm old school and look through the viewfinder. I guess whatever works to get a good image.

Anonymous said...

I had to look up the word “scrum” :-) Good choice of outfits for the models. The “leaves” outfit reminded me of Peter Pan. The wings for the ballerina look beautiful. Quite a variety of exhibits. Betsey

Ken Spencer said...

Linda, I am with you. I want to see as much detail as I can, so I usually use the viewfinder where I can compose carefully. Once in a while I need to put the camera on the ground or lift the camera up over a fence and then I tilt the LCD out and I can see from the low angle or from holding the camera over my head.